The new year is upon us and as is tradition, it is time to set some goals.
Your goals this year could include being a better dad to your twins.
If you need some ideas of how to do this, I did the hard work and brainstormed for all of us. This is what I came up with:
- Spend one-on-one time with each twin and not always together
- Stop mixing up their names and start calling them by the right name
- Look for and love unique personality traits in each twin
- Master getting both twins changed and dressed in the morning without help
- Learn to identify the different cries from each twin
- Find out what foods one twin likes that the other doesn’t
- Come up with some witty responses to people’s public comments about your twins
- Go on a date with your wife–and without the twins–often.
- Bathe both twins at the same time without help
- Pack the diaper bag correctly without your wife’s help
- Help out when the twins go to the doctor’s office
- Start reading to your twins
- Take more pictures and video of your little ones
What Daddy New Year’s resolutions would you add to the list?
May the New Year be a good one for you, your family, and your twins!
Picture by Nate Davis
(RELATED: Your twins will need a lot of gear. Here's the complete twins baby registry checklist to get ready for your twins' arrival.